This item is not currently stocked – special order only
Note: NZ buyers add GST
- Phase Locked Precision Frequency Control!
- Dual Speed PLL with 2 seconds lock time – no more bass distortion and no more tilt on low audio frequencies
- Wide Band Power Amplifier – NO TUNE!
- Variable from 10mW to 6 Watts Output!
- DIP Switch Frequency Setting
- Frequency programmable in 100KHz steps from 87.5 to 108.0
- Out Of Lock Power Down!
- No Expensive Test Equipment Required!
- An Amazingly Low Price!
- 7 Pole RF Low Pass Filter!
- Harmonics better than -65dBc
- Spurious better than -90dBc
- Phase noise better than -115dBc at 10KHz offset
- TCXO PLL Reference (Temperature Compensated)
- RF gain leveling for driving big power amplifiers
- SMA to SMA cable and N panel mount connector included
If you demand the best, it’s here! No frequency drift, rock solid power and the ultimate sound quality in one superb package. This is the NRG PLL PRO 6, now recognized as the leader in high power pll transmitter kits. Incorporating unique NRG circuit design, it delivers a stunning 6 watts of RF power to a correctly matched antenna. The frequency is selected by setting the dip switches according to the table supplied with the kit, no manual tuning adjustments required to change the frequency unlike previous versions such as the pro 3 and 4. The PLL PRO 6 design uses wide-band power amplifier technology, this eliminates the need to tune up the transmitter to “peak the power”. the design is so stable that the RF power output will remain constant even at high ambient temperatures, there is no power slump with this transmitter! Just compare the massive 6 watts (6000mW) output to the inadequate 800mW flea power units from some of our competitors!
Also featured in the PLL PRO 6 design is an “Out Of Lock Power Down” circuit. This will automatically reduce the output power to zero so that frequency adjacent radio stations will NOT be affected. A clean start up every time is assured without any disturbance to other channels. Some inferior transmitter pll kits do not have out of lock power down. These are ILLEGAL to use. Don’t take a chance with low grade rubbish. Demand the best, demand NRG PLL-PRO 6.
The PLL-PRO 6 also includes RF gain leveling and is excellent for driving big power amplifiers, the output power remains stable where ever it is set – there are no fluctuations in output power as the temperature varies, meaning your power amplifier will constantly receive stable drive power.
The sound quality of the PLL-PRO 6 will match the most expensive exciters and walk over the rest! The audio frequency response is absolutely level and linear from 30Hz to 57KHz to provide only the highest transmitter FM modulation quality – not only this but the PLL is dual speed with fast lock up time switching to low charge pump current after lock, no more distortion of low audio frequencies and no more tilt. Your listeners will receive crystal clear sound and an excellent stereo performance when used with third-party processors like StereoTool, BreakAway and Omnia. Optimum sound quality has always been high on our list, and the flagship pll transmitter kit from NRG delivers every time!
No expensive equipment is required to setup this product and every single component needed to get this product working is included in the package. As if this wasn’t enough… Just take a look at the amazingly low price of this product. NRG produce the 6 watt PLL PRO 6, and no-one else!
PLL PRO 6 specifications:
- Type: VHF/FM PLL wideband modulation Frequency Coverage 87.5 to 108 MHz
- Frequency Generation: Voltage controlled oscillator operating in the GHz, with the output divided down to VHF
- Frequency Correction: Dual Speed Phase Locked Loop Synth.
- Amplifier stages: 2 stage wideband – No Tune
- Frequency Stability: Plus/minus 500Hz (temperature compensated crystal controlled)
- RF power out: 6 watts
- Harmonic Rejection: -65dB down (7 pole LPF)
- Spurious: -90dB down on carrier
- S/N ratio: -80dB down on line level
- MPX input
- Audio performance: Less than 0.05% distortion, 30Hz-57KHz
- PA stability: Stable through 20:1 vswr, all phases
- PA ruggedness: 20:1 vswr withstand at full power
- PA Efficiency: 80% At 6 Watts Output
- Audio input: 0.775 V rms for +/- 75 KHz
- Power requirement: 13.8 Volt DC 1.2A nom
Note that the board is designed to mount to a metal case where the case acts as a heatsink for the voltage regulators and RF output device, the board can be run without mounting it to a case, however we advise not to run it for more than 2 minutes at full power.
This board also includes optional shielding over the VCO and the output device, this shielding is not required if the board will be mounted in a single case on its own. If you are mounting this board in the same case as a large power amplifier, you will need shielding over the VCO and the output device to help prevent any possible RF feedback – please advise us when ordering.